- Blocking out the basic shape using hand or power tools
- Hand carving using a range of chisels to explore mark making and carving techniques
- Exploring finishing options using hand and power tools
Museum & Gallery Visit to Murcia or Alicante
- Exploring the historical city
- View the fantastic stone carvings on the Cathedral and other
- Traditional Spanish lunch - Menu del Dias provided in a local restaurant
- Group visit to the City Museum or Art Galleries
Daily 10am - 6pm Lunch/Siesta 2 - 4 pm. The sun terraces and outdoor pool are available during lunch. On the Friday evening we will gather for a Spanish Tapas & Wine Celebration where we can chill out a little more,
watch the sun go down and celebrate a great week.
Please bring suitable footwear and an apron for carving; gloves, goggles, hand and power tools will be provided but feel free to bring your own favourite tools.
Transporting your Sculpture Home
Small carvings can be transported home in your normal luggage allowance but there are restrictions on size and weight,
please check with your airline before travelling.
Larger carvings can be transported home by sea freight, please consider transport before you get carried away with the
scale of your carving.
Encebras is located in the mountainous border region of Murcia and Valencia in southern Spain; the local town of Pinoso
is famous for it's wines, almonds, olives and fiestas.
Direct flight are available from most European airports to Alicante and San Javier (Murcia) Airports; Alicante 50mins, San Javier 1hr 20mins. Accomodation contacts
and specific directions to the studio will be sent on receipt of your booking.
Cost for this 5 Day Stone Carving Workshop is 300€. Places are very limited so full payment is required two
months before the course to secure your place.
A wide range of accommodation is available in Encebras village and the surrounding area.
Pickup and transfers can be arranged from Alicante and Murcia.
To book courses, request further information or contact Caron: